Tuesday, November 29, 2011

11/29/2011

Hey,

I'm glad to hear that everyone is feeling better, as for myself am feeling a whole lot better except that I am starting to get sinus headaches every so often. But no biggie. I'll be sure to call Lauren for Christmas. I hope that she has a great Christmas there at Joey's! My Thanksgiving was pretty good! we ate at two families houses. The first one was at a investigating family. I had fun there, the food was great and unfortunately I wasn't hungry to begin with because of my illness earlier that week so I only had one of almost everything just to be nice. The other family was a less-active family that we are slowly but surely bringing back! I had a great time there! that family is fantastic! sadly I hardly ate anything but the food there was great as well. I think it was safe to say that I didn't eat a thing the next day until a we had a late dinner. So yes, transfer calls came in and I am getting a new companion. His name is Elder Payne. I know of him, he was in my last zone out in Tulsa so I've talked with him before. He is a nice guy from what i know of him. I swear this transfer was by far the fastest that I've ever had! holy cow! The area here is going good, a little slow because of Thanksgiving and no one wanted to see us that day but oh well, it's the past now.

This week for me was somewhat bitter sweet, we didn't have very much success due to Thanksgiving but that wasn't our fault. Also, remember that lady that I was telling you about that we found about two weeks ago that was interested in the gospel and accepted to be baptized? well from what her fiance' told me is that she kind of flipped out and said how she is sick of having religion in my life and God and what not, so she packed up her stuff and left for Springfield to go back to her druggie life. I was really sad to hear that but I know that it was not our fault, in a way, I think it was her fiance's fault. He was pressuring a lot of it on her and I kept telling them over and over again that we are only going to be working on her level only and no one Else's. We kind of figured that she wasn't completely done with her drug life, I just hope that she will find the light at the end of her long tunnel and draw closer to the gospel in the future. Everything else is going good, I'm still trying to become more familiar with the area better, thank Heavens for my GPS! I'm getting to know the members here a lot better, it's hard tho ha ha!. For some reason, I just feel that something is missing in this area and I cannot put my finger on it and It's driving me nuts!

The weather here is getting colder and colder, It was fine the other day then it rained all day then the next day it's been pretty chilly ever since We have yet to have snow but who knows, that may be soon. Elder Denton and I are doing good, I'm going to be bummed that he is leaving, but I'm sure I'll see him again soon. I hope that all is well with the family and I love you all so much and I'll talk to you next week!

Elder Daniel Stuart

No comments:

Post a Comment