Tuesday, August 23, 2011

8/23/2011




Hey there!!!

Hello! How is everyone doing? My birthday was great!!! I spent most if the day biking, But it was all worth it. We stopped my a active family to talk to there son who is going to be baptized soon and Elder Joyner told them that today is my birthday so they grabbed a small loaf of banana bread with chocolate chips and put a candle on it and sang Happy Birthday to me. That was really thoughtful of them. For dinner, we ate at the Zonts and Sister Zonts made some delicious enchiladas! that is pretty awesome that she got that recipie from you, and she made....ready for this?.....Cherry Pie!!!!! I almost flipped out when I saw this!! I haven't had a homemade pie since i've been out!! It was delicious! she also made some cupcakes that are to die for. We spent the night playing games and having a good time. After that, We went to another members house and ate ice cream at there house and they bought us both a tie. (nice ones too)

So I did get the package. Thanks!! I enjoyed what was inside, I was a little bummed when I didn't see any pictures in there, but its okay. Thanks for the tie too. Its really nice! Now I have two of them. Haha, I bought the same tie 4 months ago. But thank you anyways!!!
I'll admit, it is kinda weird not being a teenager anymore. Its weird to thing I'm now in my 20's. That must make you feel old huh mom? Just kidding... Thats awesome to hear that Joey is home now, I bet it is weird for him to be home. Oh did you know that so many people are engaged or married since I havce been out? Holy Cow! everyone is getting married! It must be the popular thing to do now. Haha.

Well this week has been pretty good, We taught a few more people than we usually do but it is still slow, We have been on bikes since Wednesday and it was really hot for about two of those days, Elder Joyner is used to biking, he was in a bike area for 10 months of his area, so he would sometimes get really far ahead and I would be really far back, I almost puked one of those days, haha. My shirts have been soaked!!! It has its advantages tho, I get to be in shape and take more pictures, like a dead cat!! I really do love serving a mission. There are times when I don't want to do it because of how slow it is but then again I think to myself of how miserable i'd be if I was home now. I can definatly feel the spirit here, especially when I follow the rules, even if they some are stupid....

I better get going, but thank you for the package and the birthday wishes! Also, thank you for all of your support and love and prayers you send my way!!!! I love you all and have a great week!!!!

Love, Elder Daniel Stuart

No comments:

Post a Comment