Tuesday, September 11, 2012

9/10/2012

**CHECK OUT 2 LETTERS I POSTED** Hey Everyone!! Thanks for writing me again, it's weird to think that I only have one more full week to serve and only one more preparation day left until I head home. It's starting to finally sink in that I am going home, and I am okay with that. I think what really made it happen is when I saw that letter in the mail from the mission office that had my flight plans on it. I read it all carefully and it finally hit me, "This is it, I'm going home. No sense on complaining and wishing I could of done better, because I can't change the past, I minus well keep going forward and not look back". I also got a letter from President Shumway, he told me about how proud he is of me and my dedication to serve the Lord, it was a great letter. Tell President Nicoles that I said hello and I can't wait to talk to him again. It's weird that I will be released, I'm not looking forward to that! Do you know when I will give my welcome home talk? I'm looking forward to Kaelyn's birthday party coming up!! Especially the fire juggling!! I think that it would be awesome if Joey and Lauren or you could score some tickets to General Conference!!!! I've been wanting to go for a long time now! especially since I have served a mission. I hope they can get some!!! I think it would also be a great idea to see my Dad then, I really want to be there when Garrett comes home and when he and Adam give their talks on the 14th. That member has not sent off my bike yet, he is actually going to give me my bike and the box today so I can break it down and put it in and anything else that I may want to put in, then he will pick it up and ship it off. I sent off a box on Tuesday, so you may get it today, don't bother opening it, I'll deal with it when I get home. I was wondering if you could do me a favor?! Could you please send me some money for when I go to the airport? The Mission Office is already going to give each returning missionary $70.00 for their luggage, but we are responsible for anything that costs more. So, I was wondering if you send me maybe $50.00? Just in case, I'll be sure to give you whatever money I have left over. I don't think I will need it, but since my card no longer works, it would be great if I could have that money. That's why I'm sending so many heavy boxes home, I want to travel as light as possible. So my week went pretty well, on Wednesday, we had Elder Yoon Hwan Choi of the Seventy come and speak to us. He spoke on a lot of things, mainly the Atonement and obedience. He is a really great guy and is funny. Also very spiritual and positive. In case you were wondering, (because I know you are) He is Korean. It was great being there, I was able to see a LOT of missionaries that I haven't seen in a long time. There were two that I haven't seen since they were in my district in Owasso!! One of them was a Sister Missionary and we became good friends when I was on Oklahoma, so when I saw her, she looked up at me and flipped out!! It was hysterical!! I even saw a few missionaries there that I don't even know and they came up to me as if they knew me. They were like, "Hey Elder Stuart!! How's it going?! I've heard so much about you! It's good to meet you!" Hopefully it's all good stuff! That was the main highlight of my week tho. Oh, one other thing that happened is that we were walking home from a appointment on Friday and it started to rain, well when we got home, it rained harder and harder, then it poured really hard and the wind blew insanely!!! Then all of the sudden, the tornado alarm went off... We didn't really go anywhere for safety, but maybe 20 minutes later, it stopped and a few hours later, the rain stopped. Very weird, but the rain was needed. Well, I better get going, I love you all and I hope you have a great week!! Love, Elder Daniel Stuart

No comments:

Post a Comment